Jile speaks Spanish and Portuguese now! This month's release is dedicated to all our users from Europe and Latin America!
A quick highlight of other updates of this release are given below. Email your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spanish and Portuguese Support
Choose the language of your liking from Spanish or Portuguese options under language settings.
DevOps Plugins - Jenkins
If you want configured Jenkins jobs to be part of your pipeline, then use this plugin to trigger them from Jile. The console log of the build will be available in Jile.
DevOps Plugins - GitLab, GitHub
Your source code in GitLab or GitHub can be easily fetched for build process in a Jile pipeline through these out-of-box plugins.
Users can create a new pipeline by cloning an existing pipeline in the same work area. The newly created pipeline will have all the stages, jobs, steps, parameters and gates created with a single click.
This will help in faster pipeline configuration.
A pipeline can be saved as a Template and can be used across multiple workspaces.
This will not only help in easy pipeline creation, but also in standardizing pipeline configuration in multiple deployment scenarios.
We are happy to announce the enriched 'Agile Test Management' capability for the July release. The enhanced test management features will delight Agile testers and Quality guardians alike, making it easy for them to achieve 'Built-in Quality'.
The 'Agile Test Management' capabilities and other features rolled out for this release are summarized below. Please share your feedback at email@example.com.
Multi-Step tests can be created for both features and stories. Tests have a wizard to help users navigate back and forth to create and edit steps, making the test case creation quick and easy.
Test cards will have an icon to indicate a 'Multi-Step' test case.
While planning the features into a release, feature test suites get created along with all the tests associated with the feature. Feature test suites can be estimated and planned into iterations based on capacity.
In addition, regression test suites can also be estimated and planned into iterations.
Execution will also store the run history. We can easily execute all the tests using the 'Play icon' on the Test Board.
We can easily import tests from the Features or Stories into Regression Test Suite using the 'Import Tests'.
Every Work Area now has a 'Release Dashboard' that provides a high level view of the current release progress.
We are back with our latest update, having exciting add-ons to make your life easy!
We have added a Plug-in for 'API Fortress', the continuous testing platform for APIs, such that your CI/CD pipeline can trigger tests from this platform. The other capabilities are summarized below.
Please email your feedback and queries to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Expand and Collapse options in 'Work Area' Navigator
With the increasing on-boarding of Work Areas, now teams can use the 'Expand and Collapse' options in the Work Area navigator for ease of navigation.
Release Achievement Summary
Ability to commit features for a release such that once the release is completed, the delivery progress against commitment can be tracked through 'Achievement Summary Report'.
Plug-in to API Fortress
API Fortress is a Continuous Testing platform for APIs and Web Services [https://apifortress.com/]. We now have a plug-in for this tool, so that the tests in API Fortress can be triggered as part of a CI/CD pipeline execution in Jile.
If a Capability planned into a Release, cannot be completed in full, it can be split so that the remaining features can be moved and managed into the newly split Capability.
- The dates when an Initiative, Feature, Capability or Story is moved to 'Ready' status or 'Done' status, is stored as the 'Ready Date' and 'Done Date' respectively, and displayed in the single page view.
- Reports can be filtered based on Standard and Custom Field columns with null values as well.
- Easy drag and drop parameters to parameterize main and additional scripts while configuring the CI/CD pipeline.
We hope you are having a good experience with enhanced capabilities of Jile 3.0.
This month, we are happy to include a key capability that has been requested by many users. Jile, now has 'Import from Excel' for all major entities like Initiatives, Capabilities, Features, Stories, Defects, Tasks, Tests and Issues.
A snapshot of other major capabilities of this release are given below. We are waiting to hear your feedback @ email@example.com!
Deployment Pipeline Governance through Gates
Ability to define 'Stage Gates' for tracking all compliance checks before triggering any stage deployment automation.
Import from Excel
Import capability from Excel is available for major entities namely, Initiatives, Capabilities, Features, Stories, Defects, Tasks, Tests and Issues.
Features Grouped by Capabilities
'Capabilities' as a requirement type was introduced in the 3.0 update. The product features on the board can now be visualized and grouped by Capabilities.
Many default tables with an exhaustive list of columns are configured out-of-box. The 'Tables' reports can be filtered by Work Area. The filtering options have been enhanced.
It only gets more exciting with the arrival of Jile 3.0! Hope you enjoy Jile 3.0 as much as we enjoyed building it for you!
In this digital world, the challenge is for organizations having multiple structures, methodologies and practices to adopt and scale Agile, that too in a consistent and repeatable manner.
Jile 3.0, will be a more powerful and flexible platform that can help organizations of all sizes deliver valuable software by adopting and accelerating Agile software development, scaling Agile across the enterprise, and transforming them into new age Digital enterprises. The core capabilities of 3.0 are summarized below. Please share your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Configurable Organizational Hierarchy
A configurable hierarchy, representing the various Business Units,
Product Groups or Projects that forms the organizational structure can
for each Workspace. Agile Planning and Execution across the hierarchy is
in the workspace.
[As Workspace Admin, navigate to Work Area Types]
Note: While creating a workspace through templates, default 'Work Area types' that define the hierarchy are created. These can be further customized based on organizational structures.
Synchronized Release Planning and Tracking across multiple organizational levels
Release schedules created at Enterprise or higher levels ensure that all
underlying 'Work Areas' in the hierarchy borrow the same schedule. This
all units in the Enterprise to synchronize planning and tracking, both
and outcome from these releases at all levels.
Enterprise Reporting and Roll-ups
With Jile 3.0, data from all the 'Work Areas' are rolled-up across all
the higher levels, all the way up to the Enterprise Level. Configurable
at the Enterprise level can give complete visibility into the delivery
across the enterprise structure.
Capabilities as Backlog Items
Capabilities are high-level Product or System characteristics. For large
systems, requirements are managed as a backlog of 'Capabilities' first,
are further broken down into Features and Stories. In the Product
'Capabilities' can be managed and further broken down into Features and
Intuitive 'Team Dashboards' with many real-time metrics like Burndown, Cumulative Flow, Story Summary and so on are available, giving insights into the delivery progress at one glance.
Refreshed Interface for Boards
All the boards namely, Initiative Board, Product Backlog, Team Backlog, Task Board, Test Board and Issue Board have a refreshed interface with a 6 column layout, enabling you to see more data. You can also collapse to hide columns.
Jile supports SAML based Integration that enables users to be authenticated via Enterprise LDAP or Active Directories. This enhances security and governance.
Jile 3.0 supports REST APIs for all key entities. This will enable teams to read data from Jile or update data into Jile, thereby building interfaces to 3rd party systems in the ecosystem.
- Workspace Definition- A 'Workspace' is a logical container to manage the Agile Planning and Execution tracking for an Organization. The 'Organizational Structure' is defined as a hierarchical set of Work Areas.
- Workspace Templates- While creating a workspace, any desired 'Template' can be selected. A 'Template' pre-populates a set of hierarchical 'Work Area Types', defining a 'Structure' supported in the Workspace.
- Work Area navigator now displays the organizational structure with the Work Area types.
- You can now break down large initiatives into smaller 'Sub-Initiatives'.
- Release Versions- All 'Component Versions' released as part of one or more 'Release Schedules' can be viewed. The list of Features and Defects released as part of a 'Component Version' can be linked to these versions.
- Modules namely, Initiatives, Personas, Constraints, Components, Backlog, Versions, and Schedule show data corresponding to the 'Work Area' and the data rolled-up from the 'Child Work Areas'.
- Enablers- An Initiative, Capability or Feature of type 'Enabler' are visually shown on all cards.
- With 'Code Commits' into GitHub, developers can also use custom 'Tags' to update Story or Issue status in Jile.
Jile speaks Spanish now! As we strive to expand our global footprint, this month we are happy to announce our support for multiple languages. Introducing Jile's multi-lingual support, starting with Spanish. Watch out for many more in the coming releases.
Here are quick highlights and other updates of this roll out that will help you improve your ways of working on Jile. Please share your feedback at email@example.com!
Jile is architected to support multiple languages. Currently, Jile
supports English and Spanish.
[ To choose your language -
Navigate to Language Icon, and select your language settings ]
Cycle time and Through-put metrics for Kanban Teams
Kanban teams can view their 'Cycle Time' and 'Through-put' on a
weekly basis. The 'Cycle Time' is the average time
taken for stories to get done, and 'Through-put'
is the number of stories done per week.
[ Navigate to Team Level of a Kanban Team and click on 'WORK' and the 'Track' icon ]
Detailed Synchronized Planning for Kanban Teams
The detailed planning screen for a Release, which is used in the big
planning, can now be used by Kanban Teams. These teams can:
- Break features into stories
- Classify the priority
- Validate if the stories taken up in the release are in line with their average through-put
You can mention the versions of the components being moved as part of a
Release Schedule and tag the respective features and defects to this
[ Iteration Plan ]
GitHub Code Commits traceability to Stories
GitHub Code commits against stories will now show the list of modified files with a direct link to the change history in GitHub. [ In a domain with GitHub Integration configured, navigate to Story single page view, go to 'Code Commits' Tab ]
- Product Backlog will only have those features that are not planned in any Releases. Prior to this, features as part of the ongoing releases, along with their statuses were also present in the Product Backlog.
- Role based permission is applicable for moving the Initiatives, Features and Stories to the 'Done' or the baseline state.
- Reports Module is enhanced such that Tables and Charts can include 'Custom Fields'.
- GitHub code commits against stories will now show the list of modified files with a direct link to the change history in GitHub.
- The notion of 'Kanban support team', which was present to support the Production support scenario, will be discontinued. Teams could be either of type 'Scrum' or 'Kanban' that represent cross-functional agile teams, delivering software incrementally.
- For Domain Administrators, under the Usage Analytics, you can download the list of Active or Inactive users in your domain.
It is New Year folks! And this New Year, Jile brings to you the bundle of joy with its brand new capabilities!
Out of the many capabilities rolled out for this release, the "Kanban for Development Teams" is the most exciting one. Scaling Agile is about 'Team of Agile Teams', synchronously planning and delivering value incrementally. On the ground, agile teams can follow either 'Scrum' or 'Kanban'. In Kanban, cross-functional 'Feature teams' can choose to operate through a continuous flow of features and stories, thereby constantly aiming to improve the overall cycle time and through-put.
Here are quick highlights and other updates of this roll out that will help you improve your ways of working on Jile. Please share your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Jile wishes you all a very Happy New Year 2019! Stay connected!
Kanban for Development Teams
An Agile team that is part of a large product of 'Team of Teams' can
choose to follow a
Kanban methodology. The team works on a continuous flow of Features and
within a common release scope that is shared by many agile teams.
[ New Team (of type Kanban - Dev) ]
Work board of Kanban Development Teams
Kanban teams will have a board to view the flow of Features and Stories. They can associate a Standard, Urgent or Fixed Date priority to stories, track their cycle time and through-put. The teams can also manage their 'Work in Process (WIP)' limits and pull work based on these limits. [Navigate to Team Level of a Kanban Team and click on 'WORK']
Integration with Git Hub
The out-of-box integration with Git Hub will now enable users to install the Jile GitHub app, and connect the GitHub repository to a Jile Workspace. Once the connection is established, developers can tag a user story and its status to a commit. Hence, every commit will be tagged and shown against the user story in Jile.
Notifications for Feature and Story Owners
When owners are assigned to features and stories, the respective owners are notified in the 'Notifications' section.
License consumption and Usage Tracking
Domain administrators can track the license consumption and adoption by users on-boarded. The trend of adoption can be visualized on a line graph.
- Introducing 'Status - Backlog | Sub-Status - Ready' as default status for Features and Stories. All the created features and stories will have the Status as 'Backlog' and Sub-status as 'Ready' by default, until they are planned into a Release or an Iteration respectively. Once these features or stories are planned into a release or iteration, the status gets updated to 'To Do'.
- Move to 'Next Release' option for Feature cards in 'Release Backlog', such that any feature can be moved to the Next Release or the Product Backlog.
- Feature, Story and Defect 'Completion Date' is shown in the single page view. This specifies the date on which the entity was moved to 'Done' [the Baseline status]. Users can also update this date through the 'Edit' option.
- In addition to the existing grid view, a visual representation of dependencies of stories in the Story single page view is shown.
- Objectives also have a rank, and users can prioritize the objectives through drag and drop.
- Product and Area 'Delete' Option is now available.
- The Enterprise Administration, through which Domain Administrators define enterprise settings like the enterprise name, tagline, adding workspaces and so on, is moved to a separate area called the 'Enterprise Setup'. It can be accessed from a new 'Setup icon' on the Product Navigator.
- Domain Administrator can configure specific email subdomains, which will be allowed for registration by users. This is to prevent unauthorized email IDs of users in Jile.
- Custom Fields for 'User Entity' is available now.
As we step into the last month of this year, we at Jile wish you all advance wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happy new year! When you log into Jile this month, you will see a surprise waiting for you.
Post 2.0 last month, it is time to bring quick updates for improving ease of use and collaboration.
Share your feedback to us at email@example.com!
Popular out-of-box templates for Product Vision
In addition to the Vision Board, two out-of-box templates for
documenting Vision namely, the Business
Model Canvas and Lean Canvas are provided.
[ Vision ]
Team Members can be part of multiple agile teams
While team members have to be dedicated to the agile cross functional 'Feature Teams', it takes substantial time to structure members in that manner. In order to support the transition, Jile will now allow Team Members to be part of multiple teams. Also, team member pages have a new refreshing look.
Visualize all Team Dependencies
Team Dependencies view shows the stories of the team that have
dependencies with other team stories
across all Releases and Iterations on a board.
Discussions on Single Page View
You can easily access and contribute to discussions against an Initiative, Feature, Story or Defect by clicking the 'Discussions' icon on the single page view. You will also now get notified on all discussions you have been tagged in.
Mark Timeframes Complete
Timeframes can be marked as complete, so that all Objectives, Initiatives, and Releases belonging to that timeframe will move to the 'Completed Timeframe' view.
- Release and Iteration Backlog will show the Scrum Board by default
- Blockers, Issues, Unresolved Dependencies alert will be shown in the Iteration Backlog Scrum Board
- Story cards in Daily Tasks, Tests and Issue board, will show the count of pending Tasks, Tests, Issues, Impediments and Dependencies
- Alerts for Release Closure and Retrospectives
- Release and Iteration Retrospectives will be available in the Release / Iteration single page view
- Ability to raise a new issue from the Test Board
- Ability to convert an issue to a defect backlog item
- Ability to filter by custom fields on items in Kanban team board
- Split Feature and Split Story buttons are available in the Feature and Story single page view
Jile 1.0 focused on enabling enterprises experience scaled agile by helping 'Team of Teams' adopt agile ways of working very easily. Many teams have found success in this adoption, with Jile 1.0 playing a major part.
This October, we are excited to bring you the next evolution of Jile, Jile 2.0.
Jile 2.0 will support agile delivery for really large teams through a newly introduced 'Large Product Workspace'. We have taken guidance from the 'Large Solution Layer' of Scaled Agile Framework for Enterprises [SAFe] and 'LeSS Huge' Framework of Large Scale Scrum [LeSS], which are the two very popular agile scaling frameworks.
A Large Product comprises of sub-products along various functional areas that the customer sees, uses and values as a whole. Each area or sub-product is managed by a team of Agile Teams. In the 'Large Product Workspace', large product groups can define vision, set goals and plan in a synchronized manner, delivering incremental value across sub-products.
Of course there are other enhancements too that are listed here. Do try out Jile and share your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org! We hope this version was worth the wait and we are waiting to hear from you all!
Large Product Workspace
Manage agile delivery for large product groups with area level backlog
management and synchronized
planning and delivery across product areas
[ Create a new workspace of type 'Large Product' ]
Separate work area for teams
Teams in Jile will now have a separate work area for managing their iterations and daily work. Teams can navigate to their work area from the 'Workspace Navigator' menu on the Header.
Quick access to adding Teams and Members
You can now add Teams and Team members from a quick access set up menu, next to the workspace navigator menu drop down.
Jile provides guidance on Workspace creation by providing information on
the type and
meaning of workspaces to users. A new 10 step 'Product Tour' is
[ On the Home Page click on 'here' from 'Click here for a Product Tour' ]
Enhanced Workspace navigator menu will display all portfolios, products and teams in the drop down for easy access.
- Mini Pop-Ups for quick view of full description for each item in the Initiative, Feature or Story card.
- Workspace delete option
- Global delete option for users
- Scheduling options for scheduling deployment pipeline triggers
- Initiative single page view will show the child features directly
- Feature single page view will show the child stories and tests directly
- Story single page view will show Tasks, Tests, Issues, Impediments, Dependencies in tabs directly
- Initiative and Objective Track progress can be accessed by clicking on the 'Graph icon' button on the corresponding single page view
- Product Progress will also show budget consumption details
- Synchronized releases across sub-products will now be managed in a Large Portfolio workspace and there will be no synchronized release planning at the Portfolio Level