As we step into the last month of this year, we at Jile wish you all advance wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happy new year! When you log into Jile this month, you will see a surprise waiting for you.
Post 2.0 last month, it is time to bring quick updates for improving ease of use and collaboration.
Share your feedback to us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Popular out-of-box templates for Product Vision
In addition to the Vision Board, two out-of-box templates for documenting Vision namely, the Business
Model Canvas and Lean Canvas are provided.
[ Vision ]
Team Members can be part of multiple agile teams
While team members have to be dedicated to the agile cross functional ‘Feature Teams’, it takes substantial time to structure members in that manner. In order to support the transition, Jile will now allow Team Members to be part of multiple teams. Also, team member pages have a new refreshing look.
Visualize all Team Dependencies
Team Dependencies view shows the stories of the team that have dependencies with other team stories
across all Releases and Iterations on a board.
Discussions on Single Page View
You can easily access and contribute to discussions against an Initiative, Feature, Story or Defect by clicking the ‘Discussions’ icon on the single page view. You will also now get notified on all discussions you have been tagged in.
Mark Timeframes Complete
Timeframes can be marked as complete, so that all Objectives, Initiatives, and Releases belonging to that timeframe will move to the ‘Completed Timeframe’ view.
- Release and Iteration Backlog will show the Scrum Board by default
- Blockers, Issues, Unresolved Dependencies alert will be shown in the Iteration Backlog Scrum Board
- Story cards in Daily Tasks, Tests and Issue board, will show the count of pending Tasks, Tests, Issues, Impediments and Dependencies
- Alerts for Release Closure and Retrospectives
- Release and Iteration Retrospectives will be available in the Release / Iteration single page view
- Ability to raise a new issue from the Test Board
- Ability to convert an issue to a defect backlog item
- Ability to filter by custom fields on items in Kanban team board
- Split Feature and Split Story buttons are available in the Feature and Story single page view
Jile 1.0 focused on enabling enterprises experience scaled agile by helping 'Team of Teams' adopt agile ways of working very easily. Many teams have found success in this adoption, with Jile 1.0 playing a major part.
This October, we are excited to bring you the next evolution of Jile, Jile 2.0.
Jile 2.0 will support agile delivery for really large teams through a newly introduced 'Large Product Workspace'. We have taken guidance from the 'Large Solution Layer' of Scaled Agile Framework for Enterprises [SAFe] and 'LeSS Huge' Framework of Large Scale Scrum [LeSS], which are the two very popular agile scaling frameworks.
A Large Product comprises of sub-products along various functional areas that the customer sees, uses and values as a whole. Each area or sub-product is managed by a team of Agile Teams. In the 'Large Product Workspace', large product groups can define vision, set goals and plan in a synchronized manner, delivering incremental value across sub-products.
Of course there are other enhancements too that are listed here. Do try out Jile and share your feedback at email@example.com! We hope this version was worth the wait and we are waiting to hear from you all!
Large Product Workspace
Manage agile delivery for large product groups with area level backlog management and synchronized
planning and delivery across product areas
[ Create a new workspace of type 'Large Product' ]
Separate work area for teams
Teams in Jile will now have a separate work area for managing their iterations and daily work. Teams can navigate to their work area from the 'Workspace Navigator' menu on the Header.
Quick access to adding Teams and Members
You can now add Teams and Team members from a quick access set up menu, next to the workspace navigator menu drop down.
Jile provides guidance on Workspace creation by providing information on the type and
meaning of workspaces to users. A new 10 step 'Product Tour' is introduced.
[ On the Home Page click on 'here' from 'Click here for a Product Tour' ]
Enhanced Workspace navigator menu will display all portfolios, products and teams in the drop down for easy access.
- Mini Pop-Ups for quick view of full description for each item in the Initiative, Feature or Story card.
- Workspace delete option
- Global delete option for users
- Scheduling options for scheduling deployment pipeline triggers
- Initiative single page view will show the child features directly
- Feature single page view will show the child stories and tests directly
- Story single page view will show Tasks, Tests, Issues, Impediments, Dependencies in tabs directly
- Initiative and Objective Track progress can be accessed by clicking on the 'Graph icon' button on the corresponding single page view
- Product Progress will also show budget consumption details
- Synchronized releases across sub-products will now be managed in a Large Portfolio workspace and there will be no synchronized release planning at the Portfolio Level
The August 2018 Release majorly brings to you a visually appealing 'Strategic Product Roadmap'. The collaboration capability
is enhanced by allowing you to now @tag users and add attachments to your discussions.
Of course there are more to this list. We have summarized it for your quick view. Try and experience the new features and send us your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Plan Strategic Roadmap
Plan and visualize key initiatives, realizing business objectives over a time-horizon in the strategic roadmap [Roadmap ]
Separate view for completed releases
Completed Releases are grouped under a separate view in the Release backlog [Release drop down ]
Freeze panes in boards on scrolls
When you scroll down in any of the boards, be it Initiative, Feature, Story or Task board, the Header pane would freeze now.
View cost impact on team movement
In a Portfolio workspace, when we manage team movement across products, the impact on costs and variance will be shown in the Budgets module [Manage Teams ]
- Objectives can be extended beyond a single time-frame
- Plan is renamed to 'Iteration Plan'
- Plan is now renamed to 'Plan Work'
- Splitting a Story now retains the parent Feature
- Splitting a Feature now retains the parent Initiative
- Web APIs support for triggering a deployment pipeline