We are back with our latest update, having exciting add-ons to make your life easy!
We have added a Plug-in for 'API Fortress', the continuous testing platform for APIs, such that your CI/CD pipeline can trigger tests from this platform. The other capabilities are summarized below.
Please email your feedback and queries to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Expand and Collapse options in 'Work Area' Navigator
With the increasing on-boarding of Work Areas, now teams can use the 'Expand and Collapse' options in the Work Area navigator for ease of navigation.
Release Achievement Summary
Ability to commit features for a release such that once the release is completed, the delivery progress against commitment can be tracked through 'Achievement Summary Report'.
Plug-in to API Fortress
API Fortress is a Continuous Testing platform for APIs and Web Services [https://apifortress.com/]. We now have a plug-in for this tool, so that the tests in API Fortress can be triggered as part of a CI/CD pipeline execution in Jile.
If a Capability planned into a Release, cannot be completed in full, it can be split so that the remaining features can be moved and managed into the newly split Capability.
- The dates when an Initiative, Feature, Capability or Story is moved to 'Ready' status or 'Done' status, is stored as the 'Ready Date' and 'Done Date' respectively, and displayed in the single page view.
- Reports can be filtered based on Standard and Custom Field columns with null values as well.
- Easy drag and drop parameters to parameterize main and additional scripts while configuring the CI/CD pipeline.
We hope you are having a good experience with enhanced capabilities of Jile 3.0.
This month, we are happy to include a key capability that has been requested by many users. Jile, now has 'Import from Excel' for all major entities like Initiatives, Capabilities, Features, Stories, Defects, Tasks, Tests and Issues.
A snapshot of other major capabilities of this release are given below. We are waiting to hear your feedback @ email@example.com!
Deployment Pipeline Governance through Gates
Ability to define 'Stage Gates' for tracking all compliance checks before triggering any stage deployment automation.
Import from Excel
Import capability from Excel is available for major entities namely, Initiatives, Capabilities, Features, Stories, Defects, Tasks, Tests and Issues.
Features Grouped by Capabilities
'Capabilities' as a requirement type was introduced in the 3.0 update. The product features on the board can now be visualized and grouped by Capabilities.
Many default tables with an exhaustive list of columns are configured out-of-box. The 'Tables' reports can be filtered by Work Area. The filtering options have been enhanced.
It only gets more exciting with the arrival of Jile 3.0! Hope you enjoy Jile 3.0 as much as we enjoyed building it for you!
In this digital world, the challenge is for organizations having multiple structures, methodologies and practices to adopt and scale Agile, that too in a consistent and repeatable manner.
Jile 3.0, will be a more powerful and flexible platform that can help organizations of all sizes deliver valuable software by adopting and accelerating Agile software development, scaling Agile across the enterprise, and transforming them into new age Digital enterprises. The core capabilities of 3.0 are summarized below. Please share your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Configurable Organizational Hierarchy
A configurable hierarchy, representing the various Business Units, Portfolios, Product Groups or Projects that forms the organizational structure can be setup for each Workspace. Agile Planning and Execution across the hierarchy is managed in the workspace.
[As Workspace Admin, navigate to Work Area Types]
Note: While creating a workspace through templates, default 'Work Area types' that define the hierarchy are created. These can be further customized based on organizational structures.
Synchronized Release Planning and Tracking across multiple organizational levels
Release schedules created at Enterprise or higher levels ensure that all the underlying 'Work Areas' in the hierarchy borrow the same schedule. This helps all units in the Enterprise to synchronize planning and tracking, both output and outcome from these releases at all levels.
Enterprise Reporting and Roll-ups
With Jile 3.0, data from all the 'Work Areas' are rolled-up across all levels to the higher levels, all the way up to the Enterprise Level. Configurable reports at the Enterprise level can give complete visibility into the delivery progress across the enterprise structure.
Capabilities as Backlog Items
Capabilities are high-level Product or System characteristics. For large systems, requirements are managed as a backlog of 'Capabilities' first, which are further broken down into Features and Stories. In the Product Backlog, 'Capabilities' can be managed and further broken down into Features and planned into releases.
Intuitive 'Team Dashboards' with many real-time metrics like Burndown, Cumulative Flow, Story Summary and so on are available, giving insights into the delivery progress at one glance.
Refreshed Interface for Boards
All the boards namely, Initiative Board, Product Backlog, Team Backlog, Task Board, Test Board and Issue Board have a refreshed interface with a 6 column layout, enabling you to see more data. You can also collapse to hide columns.
Jile supports SAML based Integration that enables users to be authenticated via Enterprise LDAP or Active Directories. This enhances security and governance.
Jile 3.0 supports REST APIs for all key entities. This will enable teams to read data from Jile or update data into Jile, thereby building interfaces to 3rd party systems in the ecosystem.
- Workspace Definition- A 'Workspace' is a logical container to manage the Agile Planning and Execution tracking for an Organization. The 'Organizational Structure' is defined as a hierarchical set of Work Areas.
- Workspace Templates- While creating a workspace, any desired 'Template' can be selected. A 'Template' pre-populates a set of hierarchical 'Work Area Types', defining a 'Structure' supported in the Workspace.
- Work Area navigator now displays the organizational structure with the Work Area types.
- You can now break down large initiatives into smaller 'Sub-Initiatives'.
- Release Versions- All 'Component Versions' released as part of one or more 'Release Schedules' can be viewed. The list of Features and Defects released as part of a 'Component Version' can be linked to these versions.
- Modules namely, Initiatives, Personas, Constraints, Components, Backlog, Versions, and Schedule show data corresponding to the 'Work Area' and the data rolled-up from the 'Child Work Areas'.
- Enablers- An Initiative, Capability or Feature of type 'Enabler' are visually shown on all cards.
- With 'Code Commits' into GitHub, developers can also use custom 'Tags' to update Story or Issue status in Jile.